Why You Should Order PEACE PARTY
PEACE PARTY offers several benefits to you as a vendor:
- It fills the gap between products for younger kids—toys, activity kits, coloring books—and those for adults. It gives older kids, especially boys who don't like to shop, an easy and familiar purchase.
- For parents, it's a cheap way—almost a no-brainer at $2.95—to share their interest in Native American culture with their pre-teen and teenage children. Besides the stories about Indian characters, the pages on historical and multicultural issues make it informative without being dry and boring.
- It's a nostalgic trip for Baby Boomers, who often recall old SUPERMAN and ARCHIE comics fondly. They'll find the idea of a modern-day Native American comic intriguing and buy copies for themselves.
- As the title PEACE PARTY indicates, it's a sane alternative to all the sensational products on the market today. Gladys Miller-Rosenstein, Executive Director of the Puffin Foundation, calls it "a revelation to see an intelligent, thought-provoking comic book for youngsters." This quality makes PEACE PARTY especially appealing to women, who often decide what family members buy.
- Because a board of Native American experts, listed in the comic, reviews each script for accuracy and sensitivity to Native concerns, you can position PEACE PARTY as an authentic Indian-themed product. Native people are involved in both creating and marketing the comic.
- Best of all, PEACE PARTY is getting raves from everyone—retailers, the press, Native Americans, and fans. Some representative comments:
"PEACE PARTY has sold well for us, and we are glad we added it to our catalog. We'll be ordering again." Ed Sharpe, manager, Cherokee Publications.
"I…loved it! It's very action-oriented and humorous, but with a serious subtext." Joe Zabel, Indypreviews magazine.
"I'm excited because it's sending a positive message to Indian kids." Arigon Starr (Kickapoo/Creek), entertainer.
"Wonderful!" Michael Horse (Mescalero Apache/Zuni/Yaqui), actor and artst.
If you want to examine a copy of PEACE PARTY before ordering it, we'll be glad to arrange it. Otherwise, please send us your order on the accompanying order form. We look forward to your business.
Retail order form
Quotes from satisfied retailers
* More opinions *
. . .
All material © copyright its original owners, except where noted.
Original text and pictures © copyright 2007 by Robert Schmidt.
Copyrighted material is posted under the Fair Use provision of the Copyright Act,
which allows copying for nonprofit educational uses including criticism and commentary.
Comments sent to the publisher become the property of Blue Corn Comics
and may be used in other postings without permission.